Online Digital Marketing Certificate
“In a world with a lot of theory and great ideas, it’s not enough to just present concepts to students; we have to give professionals the tools to put theory to practice. We pride ourselves on our rigorous curriculum that leans heavily on applied learning and can be immediately implemented into participants’ daily lives.”
— Joe Carella, Assistant Dean of Eller Executive Education
Eller Executive Education’s online Digital Marketing Certificate prepares you to innovate in your organization with technology. Through experiential learning activities like backlink analysis, A/B testing, and keyword research, you will learn how to utilize data to inform decisions on marketing strategy and website creation.
Our asynchronous, 8-week course structure is designed specifically for the working professional. We have a comprehensive understanding of adult learning theory that informs our curriculum and sets the pace of the course, so you can easily apply and retain the skills we teach long after you finish. Learn how to effectively implement digital marketing strategies and get hands-on experience using prominent digital marketing tools including Semrush, Google Analytics, Moz, and more.
This non-credit course requires a time commitment of six to eight hours a week and can be completed anywhere, anytime. You will also have the opportunity to take part in three, live Q&A sessions with your instructor throughout the course. These discussions are optional and will be recorded and made available for you to watch at a later date.
Coursework and Format
The online Digital Marketing Certificate coursework includes:
- Recorded lectures
- Interactive projects
- Written assignments
After completing the course, students will be able to:
- Recognize the relationship between an organization’s goals and digital marketing objectives.
- Summarize key business and marketing theories which underpin the foundation of digital marketing.
- Outline channel strategy and key elements that contribute to search engine optimization.
- Describe how search engines work and use this knowledge to make recommendations to improve organic search rankings.
- Summarize best practices for backlinks acquisition and how penalties shape SEO strategy.
- Understand content marketing and its importance in the consumer purchase process.
- Examine A/B testing practices in digital marketing campaigns and website development.
- Recognize best practices for social media strategy mapping.
The proliferation of the internet, mobile, and other digital technologies has changed the nature of the marketplace and offered new opportunities for both consumers and marketers. This coursework will give you the theoretical understanding of the internet marketplace necessary to adapt to its many changes, while also equipping you with the practical skills you’ll need to implement an effective digital marketing strategy that aligns with overall marketing strategies and organizational objections.
Participants of this course will explore the development, production, and implementation of digital-marketing delivery methods including, but not limited to, search engine optimization, content marketing, programmatic advertising, A/B testing, and social media marketing.
To learn more about the online Digital Marketing Certificate, contact an admissions counselor at (877) 585-7840 or fill out the form below to download a free brochure.