Mid-level managers of local, state and federal government agencies face community and leadership challenges like never before.
With Eller Executive Education's Fundamentals of Government Leadership Program, you'll be prepared to overcome the management and supervisory challenges of today's rapidly evolving public-sector environment.
A Customized Five-day Program
Public sector professionals are experiencing radical and ongoing change. Major macroeconomic, social, environmental and business trends will bring about a transformation in policies and in the way government agencies are managed. Our Fundamentals of Government Leadership program has been collaboratively designed between government leaders and professors from the University of Arizona to deliver highly relevant local government management training to prepare you for those changes.
July 13-17, 2020
Registration to be announced
The University of Arizona
Downtown Phoenix Campus
$3,000 per participant
Tuition reduction available for groups and alumni
Certificate in Advanced Leadership
from Eller Executive Education
Advanced Leadership Competencies
- Master novel techniques to drive creativity.
- Learn to enact and influence sustainable change in your organization.
- Improve relationships at work, home and in the community.
- Establish a personal brand to connect with target audiences
Lead More Effectively Beginning Today
Who Should Attend?
This program was created specifically for mid-level managers in the public sector who seek to enhance their leadership skills and organizational management effectiveness. Past participants include law enforcement and fire service supervisors, local and tribal government managers, federal and state government management and supervisors, elected officials, higher education administrators and board members of public institutions.
What You’ll Learn
Our seminars are practical and interactive, based on action learning and exercises with world-class faculty who have both research and hands-on experience in public sector leadership development. Participants will learn the latest concepts and gain tools they can use right away. Eller Executive Education's organization process innovation capstone project offers participants the opportunity to work with others in applying their learning to current leadership challenges.
Sessions and Learning Objectives
- Examine the cognitive bias of fixedness
- Illustrate remarkable templates used by primates and people
- Learn and apply four techniques for driving creativity
- Conduct a force-field analysis to prepare for the change process
- Apply and work with a classic model of organizational change
- Effectively overcome resistance in your organization
- Learn how to get more of what you want from others
- Avoid the most common conflicts encountered in day-to-day life
- Create win-win situations for your employees and employer
- Define the concept of personal brand management
- Explore how personal brand affects career and leadership capabilities
- Identify ways to start, maintain or change professional brand
Learn from public-sector and faculty experts and take your leadership skills to the next level.
Request Additional Information
Sign up for notifications about upcoming sessions for the Eller Executive Education Fundamentals of Government Leadership Program, or request additional program information by completing the form below:
Collaborate with Us: Corporate Partner Program and Customization
Corporate partners receive discounts for each participant and an optional tailored capstone project designed to address your current challenges, plus post-program implementation coaching for sending groups of four or more. We can also hold a program at your site or design a leadership program that specifically meets your organization’s needs.