Go beyond basic leadership principles and discover innovative ideas to shape the future of your community from the inside out.
PROGRAM REDESIGNED TO MAXIMIZE IMPACT
As the impacts from the global pandemic and demands for societal change challenge the local and global economy, government leaders have never faced a more challenging environment. In response, the Southwest Leadership Program has been redesigned with your needs in mind. The new Government Leadership Excellence program provides a rich learning opportunity to help you discover how to lead through these complex issues.
Attendees will engage with other talented government and nonprofit leaders through live online modules that foster interaction and application. Join us as we explore The Leader Within, how to manage Hybrid Teams and much more. This is not a webinar. Each module will include a teaching and facilitation session which, together with collaborative learning activities with your peers, will equip you to lead with excellence.
The Leadership Program That Shaped Our Region Now Has National Reach!
As the region’s longest-running leadership program, Eller Executive Education’s Southwest Leadership Program has united local, state and national leaders which inspire personal and professional growth for more than 25 years. Our expert instructors include professors from the Eller College of Management as well as professional experts from the private sector who have worked in the public sector for years. Together they leverage their expertise to deliver a dynamic and highly relevant curriculum.
This program has been thoughtfully redesigned in response to the unique challenges faced by public sector leaders due to the pandemic. The program's new name, Government Leadership Excellence, reflects the national reach of this program and allows motivated public sector leaders from across the country to learn collaboratively in real time online!
live and interactive sessions
$2,800; ask about group pricing
issued upon completion of the program
- Boost your effectiveness as a public sector leader.
- Effectively build your organization through understanding personality dynamics.
- Gain insight into self and how to inspire and motivate others.
- Improve negotiation skills.
Immersive, Interactive Live Online Experience
Who Should Attend?
What You Will Learn
Sessions and Learning Objectives
Each week top-ranked faculty will provide interactive instruction and facilitation modules as well as experiential learning opportunities.
The Leader Within
- Distinguish between managers and leaders
- Uncover the fundamental elements of trust
- Explore the components of transformational leadership
Leading Effective Decision-Making
- Identify barriers to effective decision-making
- Design choice architecture and nudge tools for better outcomes
- Drive long-term behavioral chance in your public sector organization
- Learn how to get more of what you want from others
- Avoid common conflicts encountered in day-to-day life
- Establish win-win situations for your team and agency
Negotiating for Government Leaders
- Effectively separate problems from people
- Learn to focus on positions, not interests
- Create mutual gain in negotiations in the public sector
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Define Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Learn the impact of unconscious bias in the workplace
- Understand the value of accountability through performance management
Learn from industry experts and take your leadership skills to the next level.
The Program has helped to develop the next tier of leaders in our organization as we implement new processes and technology in a rapidly changing environment.
Michael Ortega, Manager, City of Tucson
Register / Requestion Information
Please note that your registration is not complete until you have made a payment on the secure payment portal and receive a confirmation.
To request a copy of our cancellation policy or a disability-related accommodation, please specify in the Comment box above or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collaborate with Us: Corporate Partner Program and Customization
Corporate partners receive discounts for each participant and we can potentially tailor a capstone project designed to address your current organization's challenges for sending groups of four or more. We can also hold a program at your site or design a leadership program that specifically meets your organization’s needs.